Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Little Things

Sometimes it is the little things in commuting that can make (or break) a day.  Last week while I was riding home on a path that has a lot of glass I saw a cyclist - fully kitted out with a nice road bike - sweeping up glass with a hand broom and dust pan.  I was shocked!  It took me a second to even realize what he was doing.  I thanked him profusely as I rode by.  But I wished I could do more to recognize this guy.  Perhaps the best form of recognition would be to pack my own broom and dust pan one day and spend 10 minutes making my corner of the world a better place!

3 comments:

LydiaH said...

Wow... That's really cool and what a great idea!

cyclist-lawyer said...

Like!!! Perhaps next time snap a sneaky photo of him and post on FB calling him out at the world's most awesome cyclist of the day and photo shop a crown on his head ;)

Dawn Orwick said...

I think that's awesome!! I know that mtn bikers are really dedicated to helping create and preserve their trails, but I think it would speak volumes if road cyclists also took time and helped to clean the paths that we use on a daily basis.

Perhaps we could do this with our group and help promote this great cause!