Tuesday, April 29, 2014

First Trimester Biking

Probably not the optimal way to announce a pregnancy...but here goes. Although my travel has definitely gotten in the way of my commuting and training in general, the discovery that I was not exhausted for no reason or that I did not have food poisoning for two weekends in a row :) and that I was indeed pregnant has definitely switched up my biking routine.

Here we are 8 weeks in and I have been barely able to hold anything down outside of Saltines and Ramen noodle soup...gross.  However, lo and behold this morning was the 1st time in a long time that I was actually able to eat a normal breakfast.  Therefore, if I could eat breakfast, I thought a morning commute might be worth a shot. Although slow going, I did make it and was rewarded for the effort with my first decent workout in weeks.  I might request a ride home this evening, but at least this morning was a success.  :) Thanks for the encouragement- your blogs have gotten me through.

6 comments:

StephB said...

Hooray! Congratulations! I hope your sickness eases up in the coming months.

cyclist-lawyer said...

CONGRATS GIRL!!!!!!! SO EXCITED - we have a baby commuter on the way ;) Keep up the great work!

Carol said...

Congrats Kristen!!!

Tiffany said...

Yay! Very excited for you :)

Dawn Orwick said...

That's so exciting!!! Congrats!!!

LydiaH said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! Teach that baby at an early age... 8 w enutero is not too early, just right!! :)