Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Grocery store trips

One of the funner things I've been doing with bike commuting is my grocery store trips.  For probably the last month, every trip to the store has been on my bike.  I have a bike trailer that I pull my (almost) two year old in.  However, whenever I take off on my bike she absolutely insists on going with.  Which frankly, I can't help but love.  It means though that I have to be strategic on my trips because I can carry less.  It also keeps me from buying unnecessary things, which is another good thing!

This last week I got a little carried away and ended up needing to put a gallon of milk, a jug of juice, and a 12 pack of soda in the carriage with her.  She wasn't too pleased about this.  She got angry at first and then the 1.5 mile ride back home she just chattered the whole time.  I couldn't really hear or understand what she was saying, but she's never talked that much riding so I can only surmise that she wasn't happy.