Monday, April 14, 2014

Colorado "Spring"

Well, my garden is coming up, I wore flip flops most days last week, I got my first sunburn, and the trees are blooming. Which means we were about due for another cold, snowy day in Colorado. I rode all winter, logged over 100 days on the Icy Bike Commuter Challenge, and here I am feeling all cold and wimpy after a fifteen minute 20 degree ride on the ice. How quickly I have gotten used to sunny mornings and warm rides! Good thing I have a chance to shake it off and ride to Golden tonight for the TCL Commuter Team meeting. I'm looking forward to a chilly ride there, and a cozy light rail ride home after a short ride to the Jeffco station. Without a car, I like how the simplest trips can turn into a small adventure. 

1 comment:

cyclist-lawyer said...

such a great point about us getting soft so fast after a few warm days ;) looking fwd to tonight!