Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Don't sweat it!!

I really envy people who can make commuting a part of their normal life and routine.  I live in a suburb in SW Littleton that doesn't have too many stores and things like that close by.  However, I think as I've become more focused in the last few months with commuting on my bike I've realized that its really not that much of an issue.  I've gone twice now to pick my daughter up from daycare on my bike, pulling her bike trailer behind me.  She absolutely loves it.  Downside, I have a REALLY steep hill to climb to get there and back...  I went yesterday and I think I crawled up that hill at 5 mph.  But that's ok, she loved it, and I got a great 45 minute workout from it in fresh crisp air.  I made a trip to the store last week with the bike and trailer as well and it was so fun to not search for parking and then to strategize how to pack the groceries and my daughter in to the trailer.  The big disadvantage I do have is the two major roads running north/south in my area (Wadsworth and Kipling) don't have great sidewalks and Wadsworth has sections with no sidewalk.  I won't ride on the road with my daughter in the trailer, so I've had some fun scouting out  my neck of the woods, finding some alternate routes and the walking paths tucked in the neighborhoods around my house.  So ... my point ... make it an adventure.  Don't make it work...  Don't sweat the details that seem to make it impossible or too difficult and have fun with it!!  It's why we ride bikes after all right??


1 comment:

Carol said...

Agreed! I love how many new neighborhoods and restaurants I've found by bike that I had no idea were there!!!