Monday, August 11, 2014

Cooler temps

We are starting to get in to slightly cooler temps in the morning which can make it interesting for packing for commuting sometimes.  I really think it's important to look at the weather and plan ahead.  I find that I have to sometimes wear arm warmers, unless you can brave the chill.  Sometimes I can, but my route takes me along water and in some low lying areas, so those areas have pockets of really cold air.  Its not so much relevant now as it will be in a few more weeks, but the extra layers in the morning will become essential.  Which unfortunately on the way home means you have to pack that home... But truly, if it's just a tiny bit chilly, really a pair of arm warmers is sufficient.  I don't personally have a vest, but I know a lot of people like wind vests to help keep the core warmer.  And if your fingers are really intolerant of chill, consider a pair of wind resistant gloves, you can find them for pretty inexpensive.
Either way, for morning and afternoon just plan ahead... you don't want to get in to your commute and you're shivering or on your way home and caught in a rain storm with bare arms on the way home... it hurts!

No comments: