Saturday, March 22, 2014

Stop the excuses!!

All last summer I rode my bike on average three days per week. I love the days when I would ride in or ride home and I passed all the traffic on the way. The days that I didn't ride my bike to work I always regretted sitting in traffic and watching other bikes go by and thinking it was taking me just as long sitting in traffic to get home as it would take me on my bike. 

Ultimately, I can't wait to get on my bike twice a day start riding to and from work. But so far I've managed make every excuse in the book why I can't. I don't really have any cold-weather gear. That's been my first excuse. Now as the weather's been getting warmer, I don't have that much of an excuse anymore.  The other excuse, it's too dark and I don't have a headlamp. Well, 6:45, the time I'd leave, is just now getting to be plenty light out.  

It's so easy to make excuses as to why we can't bike in to work or the store or the coffee shop. However, there's never been a time that I've gotten on my bicycle and haven't been so glad that I did.  Sure, you can find a reason not to ride because maybe you have a lot of meetings that day, or maybe you have an errand you want to run at lunch. But instead, plan ahead and give yourself the reasons why you can do it.  

My goal is to start riding my bike in to work again in April and frankly I'm really getting excited about the thought of it. So I am going to stop making excuses for why I can't and start making excuses for why I can!!!  



1 comment:

cyclist-lawyer said...

lydia this is awesome - -go girl!!!