Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring Forward....into the Dark!

If your commute starts early like mine (6:00 AM) you are well aware that we are back to commuting in the dark. Riding in the dark brings its own sets of challenges (and some rewards...more on that in a minute). If you are going to ride in the dark, you must get some good lights. I use Light and Motion lights on the front and back of my bike and they are awesome. While they were not cheap, they have been worth every penny. One of my favorite features is that both the front and back light have very bright amber side lights, giving you a lot more visibility. Not only do my lights allow other trail users and motorists to see me, they also allow me to see the trail AND to catch glimpses of wildlife that you don't see as often in the daylight. Just this morning I saw two raccoons and a fox all scurrying along the Platte. Have a great day and don't forget to let your light shine!

1 comment:

LydiaH said...

I'm thinking of going ahead and investing in a bike light... The weather is warm enough in the morning now (for the most part) and I feel like I'm missing opportunity!!! I need my REI dividend to come in. :)