Friday, May 27, 2016

Relentless Forward Progress

Relentless forward progress. 14 miles into a 20+ mile training run, those are the words going through my head. Intermittent with Frosty the Snowman lyrics.... Wouldn't I like to know where THAT came from.  One foot in front of the other, over and over. I'm sore. I'm tired. I'm ready to be done...


The same thing was going through my head on yesterday's freezing cold ride. I couldn't make myself go more than 12 mph on the downhill - I was shivering so hard I was afraid I'd fall down. But 12 mph is better than stopping. One way or another, I had to get back to my car...

(This was the only moment the sun came out - just in time to fix my husband's flat, and therefore the only picture from the cold, wet ride.)


Sometimes I get philosophical and start thinking about how it all relates to life. ESPECIALLY during stupid-long runs. It's kinda the same thing, isn't it? No matter how shitty it gets sometimes, you have to keep moving. Otherwise you're gonna get stuck. 
(Guess I didn't get stuck 😊)

I can totally feel the 40 miles on my bike yesterday today, but I guess this is what I signed up for. And without relentless forward progress, I'll never get anywhere. And boy, do I have places to go!😊

No comments: