Tuesday, May 24, 2016

2nd day at the new job, 1st day commuting! - Bike Storage 101

As cliche as it is, my commute this morning was a dream come true!  No seriously though, it really was!  After hearing about my company's corporate office moving to Broomfield and then seeing the campus first hand last summer (after buying a house nearby), all I could think of was "man....I've gotta find a way to get a job there and bike to work. I just HAVE to!"  Apparently, good things come to those who work their tails off, refuse to take "no" for an answer and keep their goals in sight.  Finally, after a lot of work and some intergalactic alignment, everything fell into place to make this morning possible.  As awesome as it would have been to commute on day #1, that simply wasn't feasible (darn those boxes of files and pictures and random "office things" anyhow!), but I knew day #2 was meant to be!

Before moving to the my new "home", I did some recon about bike storage because my biggest concern about commuting to work was, "where am I going to store my bike?!?" A few phone calls and several emails later, I learned that my company has 6 bike lockers outside the main entrance.  I walked right by them the first time, thinking it was an electrical box or something bc you'd never imagine it was meant to hold bikes!  So on day 1, I sniffed out the bike lockers, discovered that my lock would fit perfect (always a good thing to test out before making that first trip!), and also accustomed myself with the on-site gym (I'm one of those lucky ones who can rent a locker to stash all of my personal/shower items so I don't have to transport them back and forth!).

I'm quite thankful to work for a company that values its active employees and has provided these awesome storage units.  Plus, they're pretty neat!!  The bike fits perfect inside and has a heavy duty handle which fits a MasterLock just fine!  Although I was fully prepared to stash my bike in my cube with me, I'm grateful that my ride can stay outside in a secured area.

Looking forward to many more new adventures and lessons that commuting will bring!
 
Love love LOVE my Cannondale CAAD10 and my bright Marmot commuter bag!


Look how snug the Green Machine is in his temporary home! 

No comments: