Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Inspire Others

I have so many things to post!!  I've been storing up and keep not logging on here to actually do it.  Such is life. So I'll just share two things.




Ok, first, AWESOME little article (2-minute read so no excuses).  Your excuses for not commuting are getting busted wide open... so go get on your bike!!  It's hard to get on and go sometimes, but at the end of the day, you'll always be glad you did.  I never have regrets afterwards!

http://www.bicycling.com/ride-maps/featured-rides/all-your-commute-excuses-busted




Then, next thing.  So I had a great opportunity at my work recently to be part of a great project.  I work for Centura Health, you may recognize them as they own hospitals like St. Anthony's, Littleton, Hospital, Porter Hospital, to name a few.  So we have a really large wellness campaign that's about making people healthier.  Not just the people we treat, but our associates as well.  So a few months ago, one of our corporate communications went out and there was a story of a gal who'd lost a ton of weight running and hiking.  I thought it was really cool that she was featured and that she'd accomplished so much.  So then about two months ago, when the next corporate communications came out and asked people to submit their stories, I thought sure, why not.  So I logged on and shared my story of how I bike every day (yes, every day)... rain or shine.  Sometimes I commute to work, sometimes it's just a quick 5 mile spin around my neighborhood.  But I bike everyday.  It makes me happy, I feel better both physically and mentally.  So I submitted my story and then about two weeks later the corporate marketing person contacted me.  They wanted to feature me in a commercial that would air three times a day on KMGH Channel 7 through the month of September.  I was stoked!!  I had the week of the Pro Cycling Challenge off to go chase the peloton and so I sacrificed day one of the race to take two hours to go do filming and photos.  Such a neat experience!  Keep an eye out on Channel 7 or you can watch it here.  :)   You never know how your story, your experiences, your habits will affect those who are around you or what kind of cool opportunities you may get to be a part of as a result!!  So share your stories wherever you go and be an inspiration to others!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are awesome! Great job! :)

Amber Dennis said...

Wow! I didn't realize we were getting a tv star on our race team!! Way to inspire, Lydia!!!