Friday, September 5, 2014

Coolest Thing on My Commute

I have fallen off of the commuting wagon. 

With the avalanche of after-work activities that occur at the beginning of the school year and a series of eye doctor checks and re-checks to secure some contacts that will allow me to see, I have just not allocated the time necessary to commute to work and get to my other obligations in a non-stinky way.

To participate in the August challenge, I registered for the August button on Strava and had big plans to take a photo of myself in front of something neat on my commute (cows, mountains, the South Boulder creek), but alas, the month escaped with very few commuting miles.  The original excuse was that I was recovering from my race, but as the month wore on, I realized that I was just out of the habit.

On Sunday, however, my oldest daughter and I rode to the pool to swim:



Then, on Wednesday, instead of going to the cool cyclocross race series in Golden as originally planned, I took my youngest daughter to the bike park to ride:


We are going back this weekend.  : )  I am hoping for some commuting miles next week too.

No comments: