Friday, May 2, 2014

Back in the saddle

What a great day for bike commuting! It's my first day this week which is extremely unusual for me. I ride all year long including when the temperature is below zero, but gale-force, relentless, won't-let-up wind like we've had the past several days is the one element that keeps me from riding.

According to my acupuncturist, Inger Giffin at Wisdom Ways Acupuncture, I'm a "liver" person. (I think that's the nice Chinese way of saying I'm high strung, OCD, Type A and wired.) Apparently, wind aggravates my liver and whole well-being, so it's best I not exacerbate that by grinding my way around town.

Today, however, is perfect. The sun is out, the breeze is light and I have a lot of pent-up energy. My morning ride was splendid and I look forward to enjoying the rest of today's commuting miles on two wheels.

Ride on and have a great weekend!

No comments: