Wednesday, October 3, 2018

I Love My E-Bike!

I admit, I felt a bit like a failure when I first got my e-bike. I have learned better though, because it has allowed me to #ridemoredriveless!
My day starts with my “commute” to work.  That involves me getting out of bed, walking outside of the house with several dogs, and then to the kitchen.  This is where I start the feeding process for my most demanding job which is boarding dogs. Then, I turn my computer on to start one of my other jobs. My day is a balancing act of getting everything done and never being away from the house for long.  My other jobs require me to travel to a couple of banks in Boulder and Louisville and to take care of random errands. This is where the e-bike comes in.
E-biking to the pet store

Panniers help me transport groceries
I thought that I would be cheating the system by riding a bike with a motor. However,  I have learned that I can get a ride/workout in rather than sitting behind the wheel of a car.  I used to think that the bike did all the work, but it is just like any other bike. You can work really hard or take it easy.  I just get to places much faster than before.
I have had my e-bike for about a year and a half now and I love it. I went to one of my favorite bike shops, tried it out and ended up getting a Specialized e-bike. I get a lot of questions about my e-bike. People ask me if it’s really easy. If I have to pedal?  How fast I can go?
Cheryl, a Bike Ambassador teammate, and I will sometimes commute together.  She, however, does not have an e-bike, so it is sort of fun to watch her really sweat as I climb the small hills much faster than before.  The tides do turn when it’s downhill. My motor stops at 28 mph, and now I am pushing the 45-pound bike (before the panniers are loaded) as hard as possible to keep up.  
Banking by e-bike
The e-bike has made me stronger, faster and allows me more ride time.

The only problem that I have had with the e-bike is that it sometimes goes missing.  I will want to run errands, but my e-bike is gone. Turns out Cheryl likes riding my e-bike, too. She must have been running late or just wanted more of an intense leg workout and decided to take the e-bike.  So, if you decide to go the e-bike route, just let everyone else believe you are being a wimp. Otherwise, you may find yourself in the same boat as me some days without a bike. - Rhonda W.

No comments: