Sunday, September 2, 2018

Grocery Gettin’ - By Bike!

I’ve had to park my car on the street lately, and living in downtown Denver, driving less than a mile to get groceries and having to find another parking spot (when I get home 20 minutes later) just does NOT make any sense. Luckily, I have an awesome commuter bike, complete with a rack on the back and a decent selection of bags and panniers that attach to it that allow me to get whatever I need home without too much issue. 

Sometimes, the little bag is all I need:

A small trunk bag, like this one from BiKASE, holds a few small items.


It holds a couple things, like a pound of coffee and a bunch of bananas...

I have a super convenient bag that has a zipper to extend the storage capacity:


This bag is from Banjo Brothers. LOVE the expandable compartment.


This is probably the bag I use the most, as I usually totally overestimate what will fit. 

If I know I need a bunch of stuff, I throw the panniers (or at least one of them) on the rack - just gotta be careful to load them somewhat evenly weight-wise - I’ve about fallen over trying to get on the bike times that I haven’t paid attention!

Pannier from Koki.
Now, try as I might, I do occasionally completely blow what will fit in my bag(s) and have to ride home with a bag in my hand!




All in all, riding to the grocery store is far more pleasant than driving!

No comments: