Thursday, April 13, 2017

Continued Motivation


Since embarking on a new journey and dedication to track cycling this year, I have a few quotes that I find myself revisiting with increased frequency when training starts to take its toll.

  • It takes years of hard work to become an overnight success - Gary Mack
  • Motivation gets you going. Discipline keeps you going - Jim Ryan
I love both of these because they remind me that it's the hard work and time put in that is going to set me apart from the others and that I am being true to myself.  It also brings me comfort and reassurance of my goals during particularly difficult times....like when friends ask to meet up for dinner, go skiing or take a 2 hour bike ride.  The guilt of saying "no, I have to go to the gym/riding" weighed quite heavily on my heart for a while. At first it was "I have to", but after 4 months of devotion to my training, it's now "I choose to" because in reality, everything is a choice!  There is nobody forcing you to do anything, regardless of what you may think.  :-) 
But if you do set goals for yourself, hold fast to them and see them through because in the end, 
you are worth the investment!  :-D

And....if your goals happen to be learning something new, such as riding the velodrome, let me know!
Hee hee hee... 


No comments: