Wednesday, January 4, 2017

AC Recovery

5 weeks post LockDown procedure has this Bike Ambassador having anxiety spikes at the very sight of roadies all bundled up commuting as I drive to work down Baseline and Arapahoe. At Megan's suggestion and coach Kasey Clark assistance I turned my 20 year old Jamis mountain bike into a spinner (changing out tires and getting alignment set) for rehab in my home office which has been great yet the having the comradery of Defined Fitness Training spin class or just the feel of the road is missed.
I've learned through this process that anyone who considers their age 1st and their health 2nd are already defeated which only leads down a negative path that adds to any agreeable comeback. The personal argument of Road Racing or Crits is a constant but certain struggle. Being part of a team with others that have experienced the same issues and knowing I always have someone to back me up has truly made my recovery process seem more attainable. Goal setting with you gals is so positive!
Dr. took my sling away yesterday, PT 3 times a day with pulleys, spinning and eating right....hope to add weights in 2 weeks and be in Spin classes by mid February and road by March 1st??? Sneaking off to Loreto, Baja Mexico in week to escape this cold.

Bike Ambassadors are going to have a monster mileage year while conquering a few podiums. Can't wait Ladies!!!!

No comments: