Thursday, November 10, 2016

Sun glare and bike lights

As I was commuting to work today I thought to myself. "wow it is so light out I don't even need bike lights this morning!" Wrong. I realized today the importance of a blinking back bike light especially in the setting of sun glare in Colorado! Drivers literally cannot see us and that blinking back light at least gives us a better chance to be visible! 
I also have to say my layers are critical for cold morning commutes. If my hands get too cold my braking is compromised and it's just not safe.  I'm so fortunate to have some really great gloves to keep my fingers nice and toasty. I also bought some handwarmers to insert into my lobster mits for really cold riding. Commuting in Colorado this fall has been amazing but I know sooner than later those lobster mits will come out of retirement!

No comments: