Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Magical Bike Commute #105



In early 2016, I decided to join the fabulous Bike Ambassadors Team to help leave my car PARKED and ride my bike more. Heck, living in an awesome city like Denver, where riding year round is very possible with the right gear (thanks Champion Systems!), it was a great New Year's Resolution.

Fast forward to last Friday, when my bike commuting took a temporary hiatus due to a running injury. Ouch! Thanks Panorama Orthopedics for patching me up. I'll be boot bound for at least 2-3 weeks, but I'm a firm believer that all things happen for a reason.


With all this time on my hands and trying to stay focused on the positive, I decided to do a formal check in on my New Year's Resolution. I tallied my commutes, and holy cow! I've managed to fit in 104 commutes, despite unexpected family issues, lots of work-related travel and working remotely. Even more fun was revisiting my Instagram highlights reel from my daily commutes:












Now that a walking boot is my reality for the next few weeks, I'm learning the ropes for a new kind of commuting....walking + $2.60 for public transportation! It's a whole new adventure, and will be so helpful to mix in with my bike commuting this winter when the weather is really bad. Can't wait to slip commute #105 under my belt once this boot comes off!


No comments: