Wednesday, February 10, 2016

If I Can’t Bike to Work …

I’ve worked in downtown Boulder (the Pearl Street Mall specifically) for the past 10 years. Although I love Boulder’s shopping, restaurants and trail system, so does everyone else. Driving into Boulder is hectic and it takes me about 30 minutes to drive to my office from Louisville. It only takes me 32 minutes to ride my bike to work. The only thing preventing me from riding to work every day are the roads. Right now, the roads from my house into Boulder are still covered in ice and the shoulder is not particularly safe. I hate being constrained by my car waiting for the snow and ice to melt. I need to run errands and I have numerous meetings outside of my office throughout the day. But, taking my car to drive less than 5 miles and losing my coveted parking spot is unthinkable. So, I keep a commuter bike in my office. It’s so much easier to hop on my bike and either run errands or ride to a meeting. And, I find myself looking forward to running errands and going to meetings out of the office. It’s also opened up my lunch options considerably.

No comments: