Saturday, February 27, 2016

Commuting for ladies' night

I'm ashamed to admit that last night is the first time I've attempted to ride into downtown golden for an evening out. It's roughly six miles each way and takes About thirty minutes.  That's no biggie. The part that intimidated me was the dark ride home and the uphill on Washington coming out of golden. But I finally decided to tryout the experience and brought super bright bike lights and my can-do attitude with me ;) 


I rode to the table mtn inn for dinner and put all my gear in my bike basket which I can pop off the bike and brought inside with me. I locked the bike to the rack and hoped it would be safe. 


After dinner we walked right by my bike and went to see a play. At 930pm, I began my ride home. Not one single issue-- I felt safe and warm Enough and enjoyed the stars and fresh air thinking "what a way to end my night!!

All told it was just under 12 miles round trip and about an hour total ride time. I figure that's enough to burn off the 1/3 of the dessert we shared !! 🍨🍨🍨

No comments: