Thursday, January 28, 2016

What a difference a few hours make on temps

I had a nice commute to work today, and an even better commute home! When I rolled out of my driveway this morning it was about 27° in Littleton.  I was comfortable with the exception of my hands which is not atypical for me. It was a totally different story in the 50 degree temps on my way home!! I was able to shed most of my gear and wear a short sleeve jersey (our commuter jersey of course), arm warmers, lined tights which I could've easily done without, one pair of gloves and no headband, it was beautiful this afternoon :-). 
I am going to try experimenting with putting small handwarmers inside the bar mitts on my next cold morning commute and see if that helps. Two pairs of gloves today really did not keep the hands warm. I am wondering if my base layer glove is too tight, cutting off the circulation a bit and  causing more numbness and tingling than normal? If you remember I have Raynauds so it can be a bit uncomfortable. Any suggestions on a good thin base layer glove that has worked for others? 
Happy commuting ! 
Carrie 

No comments: