Wednesday, January 6, 2016

I Should Have...

I should've ridden my bike to the grocery store yesterday. Shoula, coulda, woulda... 

All I needed was a damned onion. One single, solitary, stupid onion. I THOUGHT about riding my bike. But then I thought about all the steps I had to go through to do that: check tire pressure, air up tires, make sure I have my lock, put on my helmet and gloves, figure out appropriate clothes since it's not currently summer, find it all, and put it on... 

So I got in my car. My neighbor had parked in her spot behind me, so I had to do some crazy maneuvers to get out of my driveway. I had to wait for pedestrians to cross the street. The grocery store is only a few blocks, but I managed to catch EVERY red light.... 

It took me just as long to drive as it would have to ride my bike, and all I got for my efforts was frustrated. And, of course, when I got back home, I realized I'd misread the recipe and didn't need the stupid onion after all. 

I should've ridden my bike.

No comments: