Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Change up your Commute and Support a Cyclist!

There's nothing better than getting into a nice, easy routine when it comes to commuting to work.  Having your clothes picked out the night before, the coffee pot set to 'delayed start' and maybe even having your lunch packed and ready to grab.  But there is definitely something to be said for shaking things up once in a while, which is what I started doing this week!  

Thanks to Megan Hottman, I was introduced to an absolutely AMAZING biscuit shop that just-so-happens to be on my commute to work!  So instead of chomping down on a bowl of cereal before running out the door, I decided to swing by Rise and Shine Biscuit Kitchen and Cafe on my ride in.  It was exactly the change I needed to keep my commute interesting!  Aside from the delicious fresh-from-the-oven biscuit of the day (today was blueberry...delish!!!), I had a great time talking to the friendly folks at the bakery (both workers and customers) and it was such a wonderful way to start the day!  Not to mention that the owner (Seth) is also an avid cyclist!!  

So get out there and start exploring shops and stores along your commute!  If you find small businesses that are owned by cyclists, please share!!!  The Starbucks of the world will survive without our $5 for a cup of coffee, but small businesses thrive on our support and, in my opinion, are much more appreciative than their rival multimillion dollar conglomerates.   

1 comment:

cyclist-lawyer said...

yahoo!!!! You are now addicted to rise and shine ;)