Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Perfect Day for Commuting!

Today was one of those amazing Colorado February days, a warm sunny day sprinkled in amidst the snow storms, that makes us SO glad we live here... the roads are clear, the temps in the 60s... It was truly the perfect day for bike commuting!

My commuter bike is a bike I got when I was 15 -- my first "real" bike, it was expensive at the time - a Chromoly MTB made by Bridgestone, purchased from Olympia Cycles in Omaha, Nebraska.  I am told now these bikes are collector's items so I've kept mine and it's perfect for popping out and about by bike.  Platform pedals, lots of gears, nice high handlebars... it's a great bike for commuting.

Today I donned my jeans, tennis shoes, jacket, helmet and bag and rode to the office for a meeting.  Such an awesome way to start my day! I was alert and energized from the ride in (just over 4 miles!).  After my meeting I got to enjoy a nice stiff tailwind at my back as I pedaled from office back home.  #glorious


No comments: