Friday, June 23, 2017

On commuting...

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE that I've been able to commute to work more in the last week. You see, I recently changed jobs. No small part of my decision was that my choices for getting to work are now bike, run, or walk... And my bike ride to work now takes just as long as my drive to work used to!

I dusted off my commuter...



Okay, I took off the basket and panniers - I don't have to carry NEARLY as much stuff for a 19 minute commute! - And off I went to my first day!


It's been a couple days now, and I'm looking forward to not driving more and more. There's a kind of freedom that comes from not having to get in a car, put on your seatbelt, start it, and start driving. All there is to do is hop on your bike and go.  And if it's raining (like today), I can always walk!  But with views like these, who wants to do that...?


No comments: