Thursday, September 8, 2016

Embracing the Neon

With the days getting shorter, commuting for me has changed a little.  Instead of rolling out of bed, throwing on a kit and hitting the path (after hitting the snooze button a few times), I'm now finding that snoozing is no longer an option, as I need those few extra minutes to add more layers and get my bike lights situated before heading out.

As I started out of my neighborhood this morning, I looked down at my outfit and started laughing. The only thing I could think of was "now that's a '90s flashback"!  I'm not much of a bright colored clothing-type person....except when it comes to cycling and especially when I'm trying to be as visible as possible for the sleepy drivers also on the roads.  The yellow socks, yellow commuter bag, my neon yellow vest (which I forgot I even had until digging around in the closet last night..score!!) and my bright lights, I was sure to be seen by everyone which was the goal!

As you start heading out on those early morning rides before the sun rises, just remember.....
Be bright...be visible...embrace the neon!!  :-)


No comments: